As an avid traveler, I am always looking for new ways to organize my travel plans. It’s easy to get bogged down in e-mail confirmations and reservation numbers. Luckily if you have a smartphone you can get rid of the e-mail printouts using my favorite travel planner in the App Store, TripIt: Travel Planner. With all the features of this app, you’ll wonder how you ever organized your trips before.
TripIt Travel Planner: Features
TripIt Travel Planner has loads of features that will make planning your next trip a breeze. Send your reservations to TripIt and they will automatically organize your trip for you. You will be able to instantly view your itinerary, share your trip with others and sync your plans with your calendar; all without leaving the app.
- Instantly view your itinerary along with confirmations and directions, without leaving the app
- Share your trip with others to let them know when you are arriving or even plan different parts of your trip with a travel companion
- Sync your travel plans with your calendar
- Search map for ATMs and other points of interest
- Ask Siri for travel plans – hands free use
- Offline access to all of your travel plans
TripIt: Travel Planner easily lets you add activities, restaurant reservations, etc. in order to keep you organized on your vacation.
Here’s an example of a trip I took last year to Ireland. You can see my entire itinerary including going to a small music house in Doolin. The map shows me exactly where I need to be and how long it takes to get there!
TripIt Travel Planner: Free vs Pro
While the free version of TripIt is probably powerful enough by itself for your average traveler, TripIt does offer a Pro version. The Pro version, which is $48.99/annually, offers these additional features:
- Find a better seat on your flight
- Monitor airfare price drops and flight refunds
- Remind you when to check-in
Before You Leave
- Get reminded when to leave for the airport
- Real-time flight status alerts
- Real-time length of security lines
- Interactive maps of airport and terminals
- Terminal and gate reminders
- Baggage claim information
I’ve been a TripIt user for some years now. I’ve tried other travel planning apps and I also like to use a travel journal, more so to write down my experiences. When it comes to convenience and keeping my itinerary organized, nothing beats TripIt Travel Planner. The amount of features it offers in its free version alone, keeps it at the front page of my phone and one of the top travel apps in the App Store.
For more tips on travel planning, read my post How to Easily Plan Your Next Vacation.
If you found this review useful, please let me know in the comments below!
Share on Pinterest: